Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Viewer Discretion is Advised


Suddenly, I am thinking about Halloween and how much it effects me. The actual holiday is fine, but the days leading up to it are hard for me. I loved it as a child, but once I was introduced to horror movies, childish witchcraft, and warnings on the TV, I became paralyzed. Halloween is a show of force. It is the Catholic church attempting to rule the world. I appreciate their endeavor, but I am not a radical. I will to to try to remember that as a child it was more about getting candy and meeting the neighbors. I never knew what to expect when I stepped out on those streets. It still haunts me when I take my daily walk. What if it is a trick and not a treat? I will hold onto my childish innocence and try to be as honest as possible. I pray for anyone who is suffering during this time. I pray that the demons would cease afflicting the pure of heart. I pray that those who mean things for evil, God would make good. I pray that His kingdom would come. A place with no more crying and no more tears.
I especially pray for a friend of mine who will remain nameless who committed suicide.

No comments: