Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 09, 2017

Trusting


A difficult book for me to read is Ezekiel. It talks about Israel's adultery. The verse that makes me shiver is "she trusted in her beauty." Most of the Old Testament scriptures strike fear into most believers and nonbelievers alike. These scriptures were written in ancient times when the culture was more barbaric and primal. Thank the Lord, I no longer treat women in this barbaric manner. I use to think it was biblical to subjugate women. I don't anymore. The Spirit of God has broken the chains off women and men alike. We are given freedom to worship. God is now ravished by our beauty. Thanks to Jesus's sacrifice, we are now His own. Our stains are gone. It stirs my Spirit to hear His words of life. The Spirit sows a good seed. He restores our beauty.
Most women and men know the feeling. We are getting older, less attractive, and unheard. In a culture that idolizes beauty, vigor, and sensationalism, it may feel like we are left behind. That is a LIE!  As Christ bride, we ALREADY radiate beauty. I look at the more successful worship leaders, and I am humbled. I don't look as attractive as they look. However, I don't sulk about it because I know how the Lord sees me. He sees me as beautiful, but I no longer trust in that beauty. I trust His Spirit. I trust that the Spirit will renew me and expose lies that tear me down. He will make me exude love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. The above worship set is a perfect example of God training His church to love. They have to fight their own demons, but God is faithful to bring them back to His desire for worship. Communion and awe. I love Bethel's style, but it makes me miss IHOPFW. I pray God restores us.

No comments: