Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 09, 2015

Still in Love


This past month was full of terror, confusion, deception, and chaos. Now that I am no longer facing those demons, I am marveling at my renewed faith. A more logical person would forsake their faith, frustrated and bitter. Not so for me, I am enjoying God with refreshed joy and hope. I trust Him more than ever. Those temporary afflictions only helped to solidify my love for Him.
Scripture explains it well: "A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world."

My hospital visit was painful, but when I returned to health, God appealed to my senses and emotions. This wasn't a setback; it was a burst of fire, making me more holy. The past few months held sorrow, but not enough to steal my gaze. God is still my closest friend; He still carries me.
People, unable to help, abandon me and leave me in the pit. God remains, even in my darkness. I am ready to follow Him, leaving the heaviness and fear behind me. God is my safe haven. I don't hate God for the terrible month. I thank Him for the months ahead. I won't let the enemy use my illness as ammunition against God's goodness. I will praise Him. I will sing of His love. I belong to Jesus.

No comments: