Search This Blog

Thursday, December 04, 2014

Jesus Sings

After you read my post, you might want to look at this website:
http://www.desiringgod.org/blog/posts/jesus-sings

I had a dream last night. I want to explain this dream to others, but I can't. At least not adequately. Every person has their own dream language. I know certain dream objects are symbolic to me while the general public doesn't necessarily make the same correlations. I experience dream emotions, which are not translatable. In all honestly, I wish I could create a youtube video of the dream. Share it with the world. But, I can't.

I can't use current technology to share the dream, but I will try to share my response. Jesus sang a love song to me. His voice was lovely, and the song lyrics promised perfect peace and love. Jesus did more than just sing a love song; he sang the love song over me. Meaning, He sang a song about my true identity. The best word  is a "serenade". He didn't just sing a random song about love. He sang about His personal affections for me alone.
I've speculated whether Jesus has a good voice or not. Scripture makes no reference to Jesus's singing ability. Nevertheless, scripture is full of poetry and music, specifically the Psalms and the Hallelujah chorus in revelation. Divine singing is also directly referenced in scripture. Therefore, I have my reasons for believing Jesus has a glorious singing voice, which my dream confirms. 

I didn't want to wake up. There is a song lyric that helps to describe the experience: "I don't want to talk about you like your not in the room. I want look right at you, I want to sing right to you." In the dream, Jesus was right next to me, singing to me for His pleasure. No distance, no confusion, no fear. I also sang back to Him! Antiphonal singing at its best!
The Lord your God is with you,
the Mighty Warrior who saves.
He will take great delight in you;
in his love he will no longer rebuke you,
but will rejoice over you with singing.

No comments: