Search This Blog

Friday, January 13, 2012

Jesus Uprising



I like to watch Al Jazeera because it is the only news station that gives continuous coverage of the Arab protests. As I watch these revolutions unfold, I believe I receive a more accurate image of the earthly ministry of Jesus.

The way movies depict Jesus is laughable. Directors portray Jesus as a harmless and docile victim.

Jesus was a revolutionary who stirred crowds. He purposely ruffled the religious leader’s feathers. He instigated change. He inspired people. He was masculine. He was a carpenter! He was rugged. These Arab protesters remind me of Jesus.

As these protesters fight to overthrow their corrupt governments, I see a flash in their eyes. I see their spark, their youth, their vigor, their passion, and I see a hint of what Jesus carried with him to the cross.

Jesus messed with the status quo. He didn’t allow people to remain complacent. He rattled the cages of everyone: whether Jewish, Roman, or Samaritan. He raised His voice, went to a high hill, performed miracles, made radical claims, and wasn’t afraid to offend others.

In my humble opinion, this makes him more attractive. Now Jesus can’t be ignored. Now He can change the world. His hands are dirty, his voice is coarse, and his eyes are fiery. He is a man to be respected and followed. A man who is worthy to open the scroll and ride a white horse.

No comments: