Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Longing to Worship




The throne room never turns my worship away! However, I don’t think my worship is always authentic or pure. I long for the day when my flesh dies! My heart aches to give God everything, but these invisible chains hinder my heart and soul.

The devil is wounding me. He wants to quench my love. He wants to kill my passion. He wants me to attend worship services with a bitter attitude. He wants me to sing worship songs while my heart doubts God’s love. He wants to blind my generation and lead them into apathy and distraction.

My love will be stronger than the grave. I will vanquish these demons with blazing worship, worship undefiled. I contend against those apathetic worship services. Jesus is worthy of true, violent worship that brings down heaven and crushes Satan. My worship will destroy darkness and entertain my heavenly Father.

Those incredible past moments, when worship became tangible, cause me to scoff any worship service that doesn’t delight my senses. Past tastes of glory cause me to despise anything less. Is it wrong to ask for the fullness? Is it wrong to crave that lingering holy weight? I want weep. I want to convulse. I want to shout without reservation. I want to kiss Him. I want to overcome this world with worship that is pure, constant, and expensive!

No comments: