Search This Blog

Monday, July 27, 2009

Retreat

I attended a retreat this weekend. I encountered God on many different levels. I can say with confidence, this was the best retreat I have ever attended.

The retreat was located in Michigan at a camp named Manowe. The atmosphere was captivating. There were horses, and some even went horse back riding. Horses are my favorite animal; however, I decided not to go horse back riding. (Too expensive) This didn't stop me from watching these majestic animals. I felt deep delight.

On the grounds, tucked away behind some trees, lies the hope garden. I had an intimate encounter with my Bridegroom as a sat on the bench provided. I reflected on a statue in the middle of the garden. It spoke to me in a variety of ways. Most of which are too precious to share. Below is a picture.



(It wasn't winter when I saw this. It is the only picture I could find. Jesus is holding a child in His arms. He is holding the hand of the mother. The mother is holding a heart necklace in her left hand.
)

I also gained a new respect for my communion with other believers. I spent most of my time sharing and laughing with friends. I am more appreciative of those God has brought into my life. I am extremely blessed to know such compassionate, intelligent, and passionate people.

More to Come!

1 comment:

Mr and Mrs Lorentzon said...

That is an amazing sculpture. I would love to happen upon that in the woods and just sit down and reflect, and meditate, and swoon. I think it would move me mightily and bring about some major change in my life. Maybe I will have to meditate upon the photo instead!

What a blessing to have been able to go on such a lovely retreat!